Thursday 22 November 2007

UK Atheltics

Is in a mess, I was watching the comittee meeting last night on the telly and the only thing they could talk about was the finances. Athletics in itself is in dire need of money and investment. UK athletics do not support the root athletes and only the elite.

Take for example the other weekend, I went to throw the hammer down at my local track and was not told that I could not throw the hammer as they play football there. Now there are millions of football pitches all over Derby and only one athletics track. It really pissed me off the fact that I cant train my sport because the council think football is so important.

All the 2012 olympics will provide the government with some money and the crowds some oohs and ahhs but nothing is being done to progress the sport.

No comments: